Learn about the additional features and functionalities of AgentSync appointments.
AgentSync Tip: Check out this article to learn how to appoint and terminate in AgentSync.
Click on the link below to jump to the desired section:
- What do the different fields mean on your carrier appointment record.
- How to backdate the effective date for an appointment or termination.
- How to filter your producer's eligible appointments in AgentSync Manage
What do the different fields mean on your carrier appointment record?
There are multiple date fields listed on the Carrier Appointment record in Manage that might be a little unclear if you are new to the product. Below are some of the most common date fields you might see and what they reference:
- Status Reason Date: This date indicates the last time the Status field on the appointment record was updated.
- Effective Date: This date indicates when an appointment went into effect.
AgentSync Warning: Because Manage pulls data from the PDB, this date may not be the original effective date. In some states when an appointment is renewed, NIPR will update the effective date on the PDB to the new renewal date. This new renewal date will pull into Manage and replace the original effective date.
- Termination Date: This date reflects the date when an appointment is terminated. If the appointment is still active, this field will be blank.
- Renewal Date: Some states report a renewal date to NIPR when an appointment is renewed. If this is the case, this field will indicate the date of the appointment renewal. Some states do not report this field, in which case the Effective Date will reflect the renewal date.
- Created By Date: This date indicates when the Carrier Appointment record in Manage was created. This does not necessarily reflect the initial effective date of an appointment.
- Last Modified By Date: This date is updated any time there is a change on the record. This could be a change to any field on the Carrier Appointment record, not just a Status update from Appointed to Terminated.
AgentSync Tip: Manage is extremely configurable, so you may not have all of the fields listed above (or you may have more that are not listed). If you need help with your custom org, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance!
How to Backdate the Effective Date for an Appointment
Warning: It is not possible to backdate an existing appointment. Backdating is only available prior to submitting an appointment transaction.
If you need to backdate an appointment in a Registry state, please reach out to email@example.com for assistance.
Step 1: Navigate to the Contact (or User) or Account record of your producer by typing their name into the Global Search Bar at the top of your screen.
Step 2: Click the name in the preview that has the label of Contact (or User) (Individual Producer) or Account (Firm) under the name.
Step 3: Click the Appoint button on the top right side of the producer's record. Try clicking the down arrow if you don't see Appoint
Step 4: Select which State(s) you would like to appoint for by selecting the check box
Step 5: Click the Pencil icon on the far right side of the state row
Step 6: In the Date Effective box, click the Calendar icon to select the desired effective date
Step 7: Click Save
Step 8: Scroll to the bottom of the window to submit the transaction and proceed to appointing the producer
AgentSync Tip: Do you have the same effective date for multiple appointment lines? Replace Steps 5 & 6 with the following:
Step 5: Click the Edit | Sort | Filter button on the top right corner
Step 6: Select the Edit button underneath the state filter
Step 7: A screen will pop up displaying the states, companies, and line of authority categories that you are appointing for. The states displayed on the list are the states that allow for backdated effective appointment dates.
Step 8: Select what date you would like in the Date Effective field
Continue with Steps 7 & 8 above to complete the process!
AgentSync Tip: Need more instructions on appointing? Click here to read more!
How to Backdate the Effective Date for a Termination
Step 1: Locate the producer's record that you would like to appoint for (see steps 1-2 above)
Step 2: Click the Terminate button on the top side of the producer's record. Try clicking the down arrow if you don't see Terminate
Step 3: If the state allow for backdating terminations, you can select the Effective Date next to the termination reason.
Step 5: Click Submit and proceed to terminating the producer
AgentSync Tip: Need more instructions on terminating appointments? Click here to read more!
How to Filter your Producer's Eligible Appointments in AgentSync Manage
Step 1: Navigate to your producer's Contact (or User) or Account record by typing their name in the Global Search Bar at the top of your screen in Manage
Step 2: Click the name of your producer in the preview that has the label of Contact (or User)(Individual Producer) or Account (Firm) under the name
AgentSync Tip: Don't see your producer's Contact, User or Account record in the preview? Try clicking "Show more results for" at the bottom of the preview.
Step 3: Click the Appoint button in the top right of the Contact, User or Account record. If you don't see Appoint, try clicking the down arrow for more options
Step 4: A screen will the pop up to show all eligible appointments for your producer
Step 5: Click the Edit | Sort | Filter button on the top of the screen. You will see a variety of categories that you can filter by, such as State, Agent Type, LOA Categories, and Company
Step 6: To filter by state, select the state where you would like to appoint this producer by clicking the list of states under the state filter and clicking the arrow to move them to the chosen selection.
AgentSync Tip: Select "CTRL ↓" to select multiple states, companies, or lines of authorities at once!
Step 7: Follow the same process for Agent Type, LOA Category and Companies
Step 8: Click the checkbox next to State to select all of the eligible appointments on your view.
Step 9: Click Create NIPR Appointment Transaction at the bottom of the screen. You may need scroll to find the button.
Don't see the appointment you were searching for? It could be because:
- The producer is not eligible for the appointment. Perhaps they do not have an active license for the appointment.
- The view is already filtered to the Scorecard. To change this, click drop down labeled Scorecard and change it to Eligible Appointments. (This will only appear if you utilize our Scorecard feature.)
- Still have questions? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.