Did you receive a not eligible transaction message with this status? Here are 5 reasons why!
Did you receive a transaction status of Not Eligible? Wondering what this transaction will mean?
This is NIPR's catch-all response for a transaction not meeting state requirements. If you are a licensing veteran you know that state requirements run the gamut.
Note: Want to learn more about transaction troubleshooting in AgentSync? Check out our course here in AgentSync Academy!
Here are 5 reasons why your NIPR transaction shows "not eligible"
- Applicants cannot renew entity licenses through NIPR
- The state does not allow late renewals or reinstatements through NIPR
- Applicants cannot submit partial renewals or amendments through NIPR
- The producer's continuing education requirements are not met
- Some seemingly random state rule
1. Applying for an entity license?
2. Is your license already expired?
This is called a late renewal or reinstatement. Check to see if you are within a late renewal period or reinstatement period by following these steps:
Step 1: Navigate to the producer's Contact or Account record by typing the name in the Global Search Bar at the top of your screen.
Step 2: Click the name in the preview that has the label of Contact (Individual Producer) or Account (Firm) under the name.
AgentSync Tip: Don't see your producer's Contact or Account record in the preview? Try clicking "Show more results for" at the bottom of the preview.
Step 3: Scroll down to find the related list on the Contact or Account record labeled Licenses. Click View All
Step 4: Click the blue license hyperlink of the state you wish to confirm
3. Check your lines of authorities: is this a partial renewal or an amendment?
- A partial renewal means that you are not renewing all lines of authority. Perhaps your producer came in with some lines of authorities that are not part of your company's product lines.
- An amendment means that you are adding lines of authorities to your producer's existing license. Maybe they sell health, but you would like them to expand to sell life.
4. Are all Continuing Education requirements met?
It is possible that your producer did not complete their required continuing education, especially if this is for a resident license renewal. Check on the state website to confirm that continuing education requirements are met.
5. Just check the state rules anyway!
The license could have errored out due to a state rule that is pretty niche like New York's requirement that a state must first have an appointment or all types of other requirements. Check the business rules under the state requirements to confirm that you aren't missing a state rule.
Want to learn about these state rules in a video? Click here to access this exclusive AgentSync Customer Content and watch!
Still unable to determine the root cause of this message? Email us at email@example.com and we are happy to help troubleshoot!