Your company record holds the key information required on your company's behalf to appoint. Your state settings hold the state-specific company information like your company license ID. Here is how to edit your state settings.
Click on the link below to jump to the desired section:
Want to learn more? Check out our Getting Started with AgentSync for Carriers: Basic Navigation micro-course in AgentSync Academy!
How to Create a New Company Record
- Navigate to the ‘Companies’ tab in the AgentSync menu bar.
- Click the ‘New’ button on the top right corner of the page.
- Enter your company information, including Name, CoCode, FEIN, LOA Categories and address into the pop-up form. (You can find this info by pulling a Company Specialized Report from NIPR found on page 10 here)
There are two fields that will inform any errors you receive when licensing:
- Create Internal Appointment: An internal appointment is created for states that do not require carrier appointments for their entities. AgentSync Manage will create and store an appointment for auditing purposes
- LOA Categories: The LOA categories listed here will inform your appointment workflow. If you do appoint in a line of authority category and do not list it here, you will not be able to complete appointments for that LOA category.
- Also make sure to enter your NIPR Gateway Information at the bottom of the form.
- Click 'Save'.
- Manage your company state settings. Click here to learn more.
This information is not synced with NIPR and all changes must be made manually.
How to Manage your Company State Settings
You will likely need to manage your company state settings when:
1. Your company expands business to a new state
2. Your company license ID changes. This usually occurs when a state transitions to SBS.
3. You may have a state that you appoint with that
Step 1: Click the 9-Dot app launcher and type Companies
AgentSync Tip: You can also type the company name in the global search bar!
Step 2: Select the company record you would like to update
Step 3: Scroll down to the company state settings related list.
Step 4: To update an existing state setting, click edit next to the state
Step 5: Make the appropriate edits. You will likely make edits for the two following fields:
- License ID field: Company state settings do not automatically update with the NIPR sync. You you need to update your settings if expanding to a new state. With more states transitioning to SBS, it is important to update the company state settings to reflect the new license ID. Find your new license ID here.
- LOA Category Override: If your state does not appoint in all LOA categories listed on the company record, you can populate this field to identify which lines of authority categories that this specific state does do business in. (ex: your company appoints for Property, Casualty, and Personal Lines but you only appoint property and casualty in South Dakota). Once populated, all of our appointment eligibility logic will use the overridden categories for that company, for that state, instead of the categories defined on the Company level. This prevents your team from accidentally submitting an appointment request for a line of authority that your company does not do business with and getting a kickback error from NIPR that the authorized line does not exist.
AgentSync Note: The LOA category override logic is “instead of” rather than “in addition to”.
Step 6: Click save